Skip navigation.

Pot flowers in June?

Last post 04-03-2019 7:04 PM by Minnie77uk. 1 replies.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

• 03/03/2019 11:18 PM
    • BML
    • 14 Feb 2010
    Top 150 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

My son is getting married in the middle of the coming June.  He and his fiancée dropped in this morning 3.3.2019 and noticing some pots of Pansy's and Primroses that I had bought as plugs on our patio said that it would be nice to decorate their front garden with pots like that round their house on their wedding day which will be the middle of June.

I have grown differnet flowers a few yeras ago but have no memory for which ones and more importantly for how long it took from planting the seeds to them becoming flowers so I am therefore looking for something colourful that will be in flower during that period.  Could you please offer me some suggestions?

Regards,

Brian 

• 04/03/2019 07:04 PM
    • Minnie77uk
    • Chesterfield
    • 18 May 2012
    Top 50 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

By mid-June most bedding plants will be in full bloom such as Petunias / Surfinias, Pelargoniums / Geraniums, maybe not Fuchsias as it may be a bit early for them. Is there a colour theme for the wedding? Irises should be available as cut flowers but unlikely to be in pots. Some daisies and many wild flowers should be in full bloom. Most hanging baskets will be in flower in mid-June if you can recall what you like to see in these. Possibly marigolds, including French & African should be available, if you don't mind the smell. Poppies may be around but, again, unlikely in pots. Perennial geraniums will be in flower and range in colour from white, through deep pink & magenta to 'blue/lavender' colours & will last for several years too. Erysimum or perennial wallflower such as Bowle's Mauve should still be flowering strongly. Maybe identify a colour palette first, try to find plants at the right height & then work out what may be available to plant, put in pots.