Skip navigation.

MY BLACK-EYED SUSIE'S AREN'T FLOWERING

Last post 26-07-2016 5:23 PM by Panthera. 0 replies.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

• 26/07/2016 05:23 PM
    • Panthera
    • Chester
    • 17 Mar 2014
    Top 500 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

I have 4 pots of Black-eyed Susie's in my South facing porch. Each pot contains 4 Susie plants. They are growing very well(from seed) with lots of "twining vining" shoots, luscious green leaves and have reached a height of three feet approx'. Approximately 4 weeks ago, two of the plants produced one flower each! What a joy. I have since been awaiting the arrival of a profusion of these beauties, but no such luck. During the past 2 weeks I've been nipping out the growing tips on a number of the climbing stems, in the (vain?) hope that this may encourage a revival. The porch temperature has reached 34c at times and I'm wondering if this could have had an impact on the plants' bud formation? I water them as soon as the soil looks and feels very dry and I occasionally feed them, but not on a weekly basis. I've grown Black-eyed Susie's in the past and the flowers were superb. Has this all been a waste of time and effort? The plants look so healthy! I'd really appreciate some advice,please.