Skip navigation.

Greenhouse heating.

Last post 23-12-2013 10:53 PM by GROWMORE. 0 replies.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

• 23/12/2013 10:53 PM
    • GROWMORE
    • London
    • 12 Aug 2012
    Top 25 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

Perhaps I may have mentioned this before.  I am toying with the idea of purchasing a greenhouse heater.

Over the years, from a private personal point.  I have used parffin, propane gas, and just left well alone.

I have searche dthe web pges for a suitable heater.  Next to my greenhouse, about 13 x 8.0ft  Halls Cedar wood.  T&G boarded upto staging ht.  Sides and ends glass.  Roof twinwall polycarbonate.  Inside.  The whole area is insulated with bubble plastic stapled to the timber frame.  My Max/Min thermometer has seldom gone lower than 2 deg. C below freezing.  Most stock can tolerate low, even perhaps very low temps.  Under staging, I have my pots of Liliums.  On stage.  various other pots, including a collection of alpines.  Perhaps I don't rfeally need to heat the house at all.  Any seeds that might have already been sown, can well remain without heat.  However Mike, loves to experiment.  That is why, If my memory serves me correct.  I may have posted to the effect that, although being a pro.  I don't always stick to the printed page.  I would really appreciate your comments. I have a couple of soil warming cables plus stats etc.  I can easily knock up a propagating frame etc.  Might I ask you.  Log onto the net.  Type in.  Elecktrotherm.  This is a heater. Electric.  So I am OK there, as I have electric to my workshop next to the greenhouse.  I was thinking about the version that has the basic unit.  Plus the high tube to suck in roof space heat etc.  Then it puts out heat via two lower tubes.  The circuit is such that heat id generated, pumped out via thetwo lower ducts. It is then reclaimed by, not only the highrise duct, b ut also the sides of the basic unit.  OK. £200.0 plus is a lot, but friends.  Might GROWMORE solicit some feedback?

Growmore.