This is my very first post, so I hope I have put it in the right place.
I am a new gardener (got my garden just last year) and have had a few successes this year but not many so I thought I would ask some questions before next year comes around. I have done some research and bought some books but I am still confused about some things....
I intend to grow flowers from seeds in my brand new greenhouse for hanging baskets and beds.
(1) Do I really need a greenhouse heater? If so, which is the best non-electric type to buy? I am disabled and therefore it needs to be easy to use. Any greenhouse tips you can give me will be gratefully recieved.
(2) I know that I have to use seed compost when I first sow the seeds but do I need to use other compost when I prick them out or just continue using seed compost?
(3) I've read that you can place your trays of seeds in plastic bags and leave them but no one says how often you should water seedlings.
(4) When should I take the trays out of the plastic bags?
(5) When I transfer some of the plants to hanging baskets and tubs, again which compost should I use?
(6) I keep hearing the words vermiculite and perlite on gardening programs and I have read about them but am still confused about whether I should add either one to seed compost, or any other compost.
Finally, I have successfully managed to grow canterbury bells from seed (my very first seeds) on my window cill but the packet does not say when to plant them into the garden.
Thank you in advance for any advise you can give