Skip navigation.

Help- trying to post a message

Last post 14-07-2013 8:05 PM by Nigel. 7 replies.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

• 20/06/2006 08:20 PM
    • Sammy
    • 15 Apr 2006
    Top 200 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

I have tried several times to post a message but with no sucess! What am I doing wrong? At last, I have managed to do it. Hello my friends Digger/Sue/Mirander. I have been off the board for ages because I forgot my password/username and had quite a job trying to re-register! However I am now Sammy! not Fushia!! but who cares--- My vegetable patch is coming along nicely. The Kelvin Wonder peas are just filling their pods/ the Dwarf broad beans are also doing the same. The Runner beans (Wig-wam) are just starting to flower. The climbing roses are lovely this year and the garden is coming into flower nicely. Now for the 'down side' The dreaded Vine Weevil got to the Fuschias(I have managed to save some) even though I have treated with Pravdo Vine Weevil Killer as a precaution.Bye for now-Regards Kath (fushia/Sammy) [Edited on 20/06/2006]

• 20/06/2006 10:05 PM
    • sue1002
    • Ipswich, Suffolk
    • 06 Sep 2005
    Top 10 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

Nice to see you back Sammy (previously Fushia and Kath), when you tried under 'Fushia' did you try logging on with that name and click on the 'forgot' box, I think it is there so you can be emailed to you. Different websites operate in different ways, some will email you the password and others will give you a prompt by way of asking a question, I don't know which method this one uses as I have always remembered my password. Nice to hear your veggies are doing well, you will have plenty to eat this summer. I am lucky in the respect that I haven't encountered the dreaded vine weevil yet, hope I am not speaking too soon!

sue1002
  • 04/07/2006 10:33 PM
    • siimwto
    • 04 Jul 2006
    Not Ranked
    Reply | Contact

I could not agree more about how hard it was to post a message/question! This is the first time I have used this site in this way and it took me quite a long time to post a message and I was about to give up. I still could not tell you how I did it, I just got there eventually. I hope I can access the answers to my questions tomorrow in less than an hour!

• 12/05/2012 07:00 PM
    • SUNSHINE
    • COTSWOLDS
    • 04 Oct 2011
    Not Ranked
    Reply | Contact

Can I re-plant my successfully overwintered dahlias as bare-rooted plants? The tubers are huge and I would need several pots-worth of basal cuttings to grow them on that way - and I don't particularly want more plants. All advice most welcome! Sunshine Sorry to hijack this existing message, but it seems the quickest way to get my query posted!

• 12/05/2012 08:32 PM
    • Snark
    • Suffolk
    • 12 Jan 2011
    Top 50 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

As long as you are over likely frosts in your area just plant them. I never bother with basal cuttings. I do lift the roots and store indoors or I will never see them again but nice big overwintered roots give strapping plants and flower ages before the cuttings.

For the Snark was a boojum you see
  • 14/07/2013 01:00 PM
    • mumangela
    • United Kingdom
    • 14 Jul 2013
    Not Ranked
    Reply | Contact

I want to post a question but I cannot find how to do it. Can anyone help me. I thought perhaps you were having the same problem for the title but perhaps not. Angela

• 14/07/2013 01:23 PM
    • mumangela
    • United Kingdom
    • 14 Jul 2013
    Not Ranked
    Reply | Contact

It seems that the only way to post a message is to reply to someone else's post. If there is another way can someone tell me how. My question is; does anyone have experience of 'Golden wedding' floribunda. We got two for our Golden wedding in December. They have been planted in a good spot where roses have not previously been grown or not for very many years. They were planted with all the recommended care, they have been kept watered. The results are very disappointing. One of them is stunted and has produced only blind shoots and the other has produced three shoots with just one bud on each. Next to them is what was last year just a shoot from a pink floribunda which puts both of the Golden Wedding plants to shame. The sales pitch for them sounds great but my experience would tell others to steer clear.

• 14/07/2013 08:05 PM
    • Nigel
    • Paignton
    • 27 May 2008
    Top 50 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

Evening

Click on Forums. Select the most relevant forum and open it, then click on new message button. just to the right of top center,

Nigel