Skip navigation.

Idle chat - OLD

Last post 06-08-2010 3:28 PM by admin. 7645 replies.

Page 738 of 946 (14186 items) « First ... < Previous 736 737 738 739 740 Next > ... Last »

• 15/03/2010 09:25 AM
    Top 10 Contributor
    Locked Reply | Contact

Morning Eva and everyone, its another sunny day hereCool you must be feeling very pleased with yourself Eva after all that hard work, im looking forward to the photos starting, it will be nice to share the lotty with you. Right off down the greenhouse to see if any seeds are though so bye for nowSmile

• 15/03/2010 09:35 AM
    • Susiq
    • Northumberland
    • 16 Feb 2008
    Top 10 Contributor
    Locked Reply | Contact

Thats a great suggestion Eva re BB's potential greenhouse. At least that way BB you might get first refusal. That plant pic you posted is a gorgeous colour.

Seems as tho' everyone had a good day yesterday, I got a lovely boquet of fowers from my daughter, and I cooked pork with loads of crackling and home made apple sauce when we got back from the pub.

Hangover gone now thanx Sue! Richard I'm sowing my cabbages in succession this year, don't want to make the mistake I did last year - I had forty all ready at the same timeTongue Tied

You must be very proud of all your hard work Eva, that was a plus getting a helper!

I'm envious of your sunshine Lilyrose - another grey day yesterday and today!

• 15/03/2010 10:02 AM
    • BB
    • Hereford
    • 12 May 2009
    Top 25 Contributor
    Locked Reply | Contact

Morning All, thanks for that suggestion Eva. I am going to the allotment this afternoon and I will leave a note if the greenhouse is still there. I have had all the papers through for the allotment now, so as far as I'm concerned if it is still there today - it should be mine!

Your pork and crackling sounds lovely Susiq - it's one of my (many) favourites! I am surprised you don't have any sunshine Susiq as it is another lovely morning here (I don't want to rub it in!) and it is starting to feel like spring. I think the daffodil stalks have grown 3" in the last couple of days!

BB
  • 15/03/2010 10:20 AM
    Top 10 Contributor
    Locked Reply | Contact

Hi all lovely day here also BB. Your orange pansy pic is lovely. If the greenhouse is still on your lotty BB you can start charging rent. Eva had a good idea with the note.
    Hope your seeds are starting to come through Lillyrose, even if they are not it is interesting to 'mooch around' in the greenhouse-that is one of my favourite hobbies.Wink
    You don't need forty cabbages all at the same time do you SusiqSurprise-I learned that one last year with my runner beans!
    Hope your aches and pains are better today Eva you know what they say.'no pain , no gain'-it sounds like you had a good work out.Smile

-Richard
  • 15/03/2010 10:31 AM
    • EvaInNL
    • Holland
    • 25 Sep 2009
    Top 10 Contributor
    Locked Reply | Contact

Good news, BB. And now that you are the official owner of the plot I would put up a 'no trespassing' sign instead! Big Smile

If you're interested here's the link to my online diary, I daren't call it a blog! http://evavooijs.spaces.live.com/.

Good point Susiq/Richard  about the succession planting, must remember that!

Lilyrose, hope you get to do the happy dance when you check your seeds! Big Smile

• 15/03/2010 12:00 PM
    • Susiq
    • Northumberland
    • 16 Feb 2008
    Top 10 Contributor
    Locked Reply | Contact

Excellent diary Eva - why daren't you call it a blog? You have put me to shame with your organised planner! I tend to just do it as and when - despite reading tons of info on it all. Love the hollyhocks you've picked - I love tall blousy plants! Thats why I'm hoping my delphiniums will do well this year. 

Glad for you that you've got some sun BB - just wish we had! I've been in the greenhouse all morning, washing down seed trays with jeyes fluid - I can taste the damn stuff - think I may have made the solution too strongIck! The good news is that the heater seems to be "doing its thing" I've got a nice steady 60 in there, and its windy with thick cloud, so all the trays in the kitchen are off to their new home this afternoon.

Hope you didn't overdose on chocs yesterday Sue!

• 15/03/2010 12:30 PM
    • EvaInNL
    • Holland
    • 25 Sep 2009
    Top 10 Contributor
    Locked Reply | Contact

Thanks Susiq, the planner came about because I couldn't do anything else for months! Big Smile I love tall blousy flowers too. The hollyhocks will go in plot #1 reserved for the perennials. I think next to the artichokes (regular and jerusalem) they will give some height. Hopefully I'll have some room, delphiniums are certainly on the list!

• 15/03/2010 12:39 PM
    Top 10 Contributor
    Locked Reply | Contact

Wish i could send you some sun Susiq Cool it really is a beautiful day here and mild too, ive had the back door open all morning. Dont know about anyone else but once the sun is out life seems so much better and smiles appear alot more (hark at me, sorryEmbarrassed) Have just read your diary/blog Eva and it was VERY GOODYes please keep it going as i shall log in every day to see how you are getting on, the hollyhocks look so pretty, im really jealous as the slugs always get mine when i first plant them so never see them grow and flower. No seeds up in greenhouse yet so no happy dance todaySad

• 15/03/2010 02:38 PM
    • sue1002
    • Ipswich, Suffolk
    • 06 Sep 2005
    Top 10 Contributor
    Locked Reply | Contact

Hi all.  Everyone is busy againSmile  It's nice, sunny and warm here today and it looks like we have it staying for a few days.  We've filled a skip this morning with the big pile that had accumulated in the garden, so I've worked off the chocs I ate yesterdayBig Smile

sue1002
  • 15/03/2010 05:32 PM
    Top 10 Contributor
    Locked Reply | Contact

You have had a bit of a work out today also Sue filling up the skip.Big Smile
    Lovely pictures Eva I have bookmarked your page so I can look at it from time to time to see how you are getting on. You have some nice herbs to start off with.
    No dancing today Lillyrose but you will be soon now you have some sun. It has been nice here today I have been in the garden washing pots and trays which I kept in a heap in the corner of the garden. A little brown mouse ran out of one when I lifted it upSurprise-he soon scooted under the fence and into next doors garden.
    I washed out my greenhouse a couple of weeks ago Susiq with Jeyes Fluid. It sounds as though it is cosy in your greenhouse now Susiq. Have you got the polythene covering yet for your polytunnel?

-Richard
  • 16/03/2010 08:50 AM
    • sue1002
    • Ipswich, Suffolk
    • 06 Sep 2005
    Top 10 Contributor
    Locked Reply | Contact

I got to read your blog last night Eva, it's very goodSmile

It's another nice day here today so I'm taking advantage and washing all the curtains, they should get nice and dry on the line.  As the nets are still nice and white from when I done them last time, I'm saved on doing those and the windows tooBig Smile

Hope everyone else has the good weather today too.

sue1002
  • 16/03/2010 09:30 AM
    Top 10 Contributor
    Locked Reply | Contact

Morning all, its another sunny day hereSmile and i got to do a happy dance first thing as the first of my seeds are through in the greenhouseBig Smile no sign of the toms or peppers in doors though. Hope you are all ok

• 16/03/2010 10:01 AM
    • EvaInNL
    • Holland
    • 25 Sep 2009
    Top 10 Contributor
    Locked Reply | Contact

Congratulations Lilyrose, you are now an official member of the Happy Dance Gardening Crew! Stick out tongue I will be auditioning this week for my promotion to the Ecstatic Dance Gardening Crew (i.e. when my order arrives)...

Glad to hear everyone is enjoying the mild weather, really lifts the spirit doesn't it!

• 16/03/2010 10:44 AM
    • Susiq
    • Northumberland
    • 16 Feb 2008
    Top 10 Contributor
    Locked Reply | Contact

Hurray!! we finally have a drop of the yellow stuff todayCool Yes Eva, it does lift the spirits and gives the impedence to get cracking out there.

Your windows should look lovely Sue when you've finished and then you can sit back and admire them - its a nice feeling when you've done it all.

Congrats on your first seedling Lillyrose, hope its the first of very many!

I would have jumped two feet in the air if a mouse had ran out Richard, I actually don't mind mice, its the rats I dread, OH found a dead one in the greenhouse a few months ago, at least it wasn't scuttling about!

• 16/03/2010 10:49 AM
    Top 10 Contributor
    Locked Reply | Contact

Morning all-nice day here too sunnyCool. I am off grocery shopping soon with OH once I have caught up with my messages.
    Well done Lillyrose good to see the seeds are growingGeeked -you get a sense of achievement don't you.
    Hope your order comes soon Eva then we can see you dancing on the beachcam.
    Good day for drying the curtainsSmile Sue-has Sasha's hair grown back yet?

-Richard