Skip navigation.

How to grow potted of asters.

Last post 17-09-2017 8:26 PM by BML. 8 replies.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

• 10/09/2017 06:10 PM
    • BML
    • 14 Feb 2010
    Top 150 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

I bought some potted asters last year, at least that’s what I call them and when they went over I cut them back and waited for them to flower this year but there still not flowering.  The cost of these potted asters was quite low bearing in mind they give a veritable bush of blooms but I wonder if it is possible for mere mortals such as unskilled gardeners such as me to grow them.

• 13/09/2017 07:34 AM
    • BML
    • 14 Feb 2010
    Top 150 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

Perhaps it would help were I to be able to show a photograph of my potted Aster but I can find no directions on how to upload photographs.

• 13/09/2017 12:53 PM
    • poppikin
    • Glorious Surrey
    • 06 Apr 2009
    Top 50 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

Here are the instructions from Admin on how to add pictures but our experience is that it does not work properly.

You could give it a try?

HOW to ADD pictures to RHS FORUMS from Admin

Dear all, I was approached by a member of MyGarden who had a query regarding the addition of pictures to posts in the forums. I thought others might find a quick step-by-step guide on the subject useful too. The best way to add pictures to posts is by using an online photo gallery like flickr (www.flickr.com) or photobucket (http://photobucket.com) to upload your pictures and then copy them to your posts on the MyGarden forums. Step by step:

1. Upload your picture to an online gallery

2. Once uploaded, right-click on the picture in the gallery and select Copy

3. Go to your forum post in MyGarden (in Compose/Edit mode), right-click into the message window in the location where you wish the picture to appear and select Paste. The picture should be inserted into your post.

There is one drawback of this method: if you move or delete the photo from your online gallery it will disappear from your post in MyGarden. I recommend you create a special subfolder in your flickr or other gallery and make copies of your photos there to link on MyGarden.

Best wishes, Admin

Give it a try.

poppikin

• 14/09/2017 08:07 AM
    • BML
    • 14 Feb 2010
    Top 150 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

• 14/09/2017 08:21 AM
    • BML
    • 14 Feb 2010
    Top 150 Contributor