Skip navigation.

RHS London Show 20/21 Feb

Last post 19-02-2016 6:55 PM by Backache. 2 replies.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

• 20/02/2015 07:13 PM
    • Backache
    • W. Kent
    • 31 Dec 2012
    Top 75 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

I was in two minds as to whether or not I would attend today's show. Friends of mine, whom having read the previews, considered it would be too potato orientated and decided they would not. Well, I went and I am so pleased I did. Yes, there was an emphasis on Potatoes but it was so interesting. Magnificent displays and demonstrations from Pennards but also a host of exhibits covering seasonal plants, tools, activities for our new generation of up and coming gardeners, really interesting scientific insides into insects and our great helpers below soil level, and so much more. Both halls were packed and I did not observe one miserable face. I commend any member in the London area with some spare time on Saturday to pay the show a visit. Well done RHS and all the many exhibitors.

• 20/02/2015 10:02 PM
    • GROWMORE
    • London
    • 12 Aug 2012
    Top 25 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

Believe it or not but I was going to PM  Backache and perhaps arrange a meet at the show.  Then I noticed the change from mid-week to weekend venue.   So I will miss out this time.

However I'm glad that those who did make it, enjoyed it.  Perhaps for future shows forum members might meet up. 

Growmore.
  • 19/02/2016 06:55 PM
    • Backache
    • W. Kent
    • 31 Dec 2012
    Top 75 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

I had the good fortune to attend the show this Tuesday. As soon as I walked up the short flight of stairs to both halls I felt 10 years younger. The scent of all the spring flora wax exceptional. The displays were brilliant and, most important, the traders were doing good business. I have never attended an early Spring show to be better patronised. Well done the RHS.