Skip navigation.

Posting 'live' URLs on the forum

Last post 09-09-2013 5:57 PM by Blackstart. 2 replies.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

• 08/09/2013 05:44 PM
    • Blackstart
    • Warwickshire
    • 06 Dec 2010
    Top 50 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

Hi, I have noticed that if I copy and paste a URL when replying to a post in the forum it is not 'live', so clicking on it does not take you to the linked webpage. I asked Sue1002 how she managed to do it and she responded with a great description of how to do it but I couldn't see the icon Sue told me to use. I have now solved the problem. I normally use Chrome as my browser but when I reply to a post the reply box opens but with no icons across the top of the box. I have now tried both Firefox & IE and when using these browsers the icons do appear at the top of the reply box and I can post a 'live' URL link. Does anyone know why the icons don't appear when I use Chrome? Regards Blackstart

• 08/09/2013 11:41 PM
    • AlexS
    • Reading
    • 06 Sep 2009
    Top 25 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

Hi Blackstart, Same for me. If I want paragraphs and other formatting in my post, I change over to Internet Explorer instead of using Chrome as I usually do. I mentioned this a couple of years ago and asked the question of Admin. But I never had any reply from Admin then and don't suppose this anomaly will be fixed now. Cheers,

Alex
  • 09/09/2013 05:57 PM
    • Blackstart
    • Warwickshire
    • 06 Dec 2010
    Top 50 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

Hi AlexS, I've put a link to this thread in the Buxus thread in Pest & Diseases forum, where I originally posted about the problem. Hopefully some of the members who have helped me will visit this thread and we may get a solution. I think it may be a Chrome add on is required but am not sure. Blackstart