Skip navigation.

Update: Closing forums

Last post 12-03-2013 5:45 PM by Faraway. 5 replies.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

• 11/03/2013 05:34 PM
    • admin
    • 20 Nov 2003
    Top 75 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

The new RHS website will now be going live mid-April. Therefore, these forums will remain open until that time.

We will not be taking an archive of the forums, if there is any content you have posted that you wish to keep, please take this time to copy and paste any of your posts into your own records.

Once the new site is live, we will make a post letting you know how you go about joining the new site. Thank you for all your comments, we are monitoring these forums.

RHS Web Team

• 12/03/2013 07:51 AM
    • Faraway
    • Berkshire
    • 15 Oct 2007
    Top 75 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

Thank you for the update, I look forward to the new site.  However, you have still not made any mention of whether you will consider another forum (yes or no, not maybe).  Any reason why you are not archiving the content of this forum?  I don't believe that will be difficult and it would be extremely useful to keep the content for a later forum.

What is the reason for having to register on the new site? 

I'm not trying to be difficult, I am very disappointed as I feel you have just ignored all the comments and correspondence in favour of retaining a forum.

• 12/03/2013 05:27 PM
    • Susiq
    • Northumberland
    • 16 Feb 2008
    Top 10 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

Hiya faraway

Have you had any direct response from your letter to the 'head honchou'??? I am still SO upset about this whole debacleSad

The other point I thought may/maynot be usefull, is if the  'stats' of users (50K per annum) of the forum are true, what if a small percentage (ie 10%) of users to the forum cancelled their annual subscription? I think that would be a very heavy 'hit!,

I for one willl be cancelling mine if they go ahead with this!

• 12/03/2013 05:29 PM
    • Faraway
    • Berkshire
    • 15 Oct 2007
    Top 75 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

Hi. I got a reply to my original e-mail, which I posted here on the forum. I then replied and posted questions here, but have had no subsequent reply. Have just sent a follow-up mail.

• 12/03/2013 05:40 PM
    • Susiq
    • Northumberland
    • 16 Feb 2008
    Top 10 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

ARRRGHHHH! Sorry but they (RHS) are just SO shooting themselves in foot in being 'backward at going forwards' but you don't need me to be telling YOU that!

Really do appreciate all the efforts you're putting in Faraway - is there anything you think I could do to help 'falling on deaf ears'???

best regards

• 12/03/2013 05:45 PM
    • Faraway
    • Berkshire
    • 15 Oct 2007
    Top 75 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

Hi. Have sent you a pm