Skip navigation.

Strawberry Planter

Last post 18-03-2013 10:06 PM by Valerian. 4 replies.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

• 20/02/2013 09:46 AM
    • Scotkat
    • Angus Scotland
    • 01 Feb 2010
    Top 500 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

Hi everyone I am back been some time. I had to get a new washing machine at 2 weeks before comet closed down. I am 1 of the lucky ones and got my new machine which is great by the way. I came across a planter on blogger recyeled planter. So yes it took some time to get the drum out of my washing machine but we did with brute force. Then finally at week end we got the last of the screws out as they had rusted in . They had to be drilled out. So I have planted up my strawberry plants into my washing machine drum. I decided to write a blog about it on bloggerdashboard. http://blog.trowelslg.com/2013/02/recycle-washing-machine-drum.html

forums.trowelslg
  • 20/02/2013 12:16 PM
    • kaydee
    • Perthshire
    • 15 Feb 2009
    Top 25 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

That is really quirky & looks good too. We are having a zero waste campaign here shortly & looking at ways of re-using stuff. I've passed your blog address on to the organisers. Thanks. Best K

• 20/02/2013 07:31 PM
    • Snark
    • Suffolk
    • 12 Jan 2011
    Top 50 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

Washing machine drums are also good to put in the hole to restrict the vigour of fig trees

For the Snark was a boojum you see
  • 18/03/2013 02:57 AM
    Top 150 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

Brilliant idea! Another suggestion here is that if you are going to remodel your bathroom do not dispose of your old bathroom fixtures. Clean them if necessary and allocate an area in your garden and arrange them as if a regular bath. The bathtub can become a nine water feature and the toilet and the wash basin plants containers ,Even the shower can be accommodated and be useful as a plant holding device. ;)

• 18/03/2013 10:06 PM
    • Valerian
    • South Essex
    • 20 Jun 2010
    Top 25 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

I had an old toilet pan which had blue and white upright and trailing lobelia in the pan and blue campanula overflowing from the cistern. It was tucked away in a corner of the garden and caused a bit of a stir when passers by realised what it was. Sadly the frost wrecked it and it is now used as drainage crocks in my other containers.