Skip navigation.

Blueberries in December

Last post 04-02-2012 3:04 PM by helenscape. 3 replies.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

• 02/12/2011 03:47 PM
    • KathyG
    • Bognor Regis
    • 28 Nov 2011
    Not Ranked
    Reply | Contact

This week I have picked a handfull of blueberries from my blueberry bush in a pot that is kept outside in the summer and put into an unheated greenhouse in the autumn.  I noticed new flowers on the bush in August and now have ripening berries and it is still trying to flower.  My garden is south facing and situated a few miles from the South coast of England.

• 04/12/2011 06:46 AM
    • Julie
    • London
    • 28 Apr 2009
    Top 25 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

You're very lucky! I had about 1 berry from 3 bushes all summer :(

• 12/12/2011 03:06 PM
    Not Ranked
    Reply | Contact

Wow you're lucky. I had flowers on my blueberry in early November which didn't come to anything unsurprisingly. I posted on my blog about unusual happenings in my garden and the flowers that were still blooming in December. Take a look at my 'Colourful Winter Wonderland' post at wellywoman.wordpress.com.

• 04/02/2012 03:04 PM
    • helenscape
    • Thirsk, North Yorkshire, UK
    • 20 Jun 2009
    Not Ranked
    Reply | Contact

I have two blueberry bushes growing in large pots, I leave them out all year round. In the 2011 season, the Blue Crop variety fruited as usual from late july into early september, but the other variety Jersey, delayed it's fruiting till late september, then cropped over a much longer time with the last of the pickings coming in early december! I am in chilly North Yorkshire.