Skip navigation.

Visiting Hyde Hall

Last post 13-07-2011 9:19 PM by skylark. 2 replies.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

• 13/07/2011 03:07 PM
    • skylark
    • Surrey
    • 13 Jul 2011
    Top 500 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

Hyde Hall... anyone been lately? Is it a good time to make a visit there? We are thinking of going either this week or next, depending on the weather. I've not been before so any suggestions on how long to allow, what is really good at this time of year, etc would be more than welcome.

• 13/07/2011 05:34 PM
    • nannyjay
    • essex
    • 31 Aug 2010
    Top 500 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

Hi Skylark, I visited Hyde Hall in August 2009 and it was brilliant, a beautiful sunny day with everything in full bloom. There is a cafe & shop for plants & nic nacs. There is plenty to see. We didn't get all the way round as being disabled was a bit tiring. The rose garden was in full bloom and perfume. There is a little cart that you can ride up to the main section or a short walk through some fascinating landscaping. A park to have a picnic in or just sit & watch the world go by. The views are stunning.  http://www.rhs.org.uk/Gardens/Hyde-Hall/What-s-on this link will help you decide which time to go as there are other things going on besides the norm. Don't forget your camera as there are lots of wonderful photo opportunity's & I have plenty. Have fun & enjoy your day - I did. Cool oh ps make sure you have good walking shoes on!

• 13/07/2011 09:19 PM
    • skylark
    • Surrey
    • 13 Jul 2011
    Top 500 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

Thanks very much. Weather forecast is not brilliant for later this week so may wait for a better day but will look forward to it. Smile