Skip navigation.

membership for rhs

Last post 15-08-2010 8:53 PM by Vernon. 2 replies.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

• 15/08/2010 07:05 PM
    • paul2louise
    • paul2louise
    • 15 Aug 2010
    Not Ranked
    Reply | Contact

I have  come across membership of RHS. I know the deal for £49 allows for 1 person deal and then 1 guest. It does say that access to some gardens is subject to certain times

Can anyone tell me if this is 7 day a week deal as i dont want to get membership and find out that i cant use it at weekends. I am hoping it means that if events are on like flower shows then the free access might not apply. That is fine, i just want somewhere to go for nice walks at weekends.

Does anyone know if I had a membership for myself could i take my husband as the guest and baby for free.

thanks

• 15/08/2010 08:35 PM
    • Vernon
    • Middlesex
    • 22 Jan 2010
    Top 500 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

My understanding is access is free to Member and one guest at all times to the main RHS gardens. There are other gardens around the country which have a tie-in (these are listed in the Membership Book which you get when you sign-up) and these often give free access to just the Member, and then only at certain times of year - maybe this is what you saw - the Membership Book has all the details. As regards RHS shows, you still pay, but RHS membership sometimes gives you access on days when the "general public" is not admitted, and a discount on the entry fee.

Hope this is correct! - or if not someone out there will come in.

best wishes 

• 15/08/2010 08:53 PM
    • Vernon
    • Middlesex
    • 22 Jan 2010
    Top 500 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

I didn't say - the 4 RHS Gardens are Wisley, Harlow Carr, Hyde Hall and Rosemoor. Free entry isn't "at all times" - they're closed on Christmas Day! I'm not in possesion of a baby I'm afraid, so not sure how this works. You might have to go to "Joint" Membership which covers two adults, one guest and 4 (or fewer!) children. But the definition of child is age 6-16, so if yours is less than 6, maybe hubby and baby get in free on your single membership? A phone call should clarify what you need.

best wishes