Skip navigation.

Hampton Court Flower Show - Members' Day

Last post 29-09-2009 10:15 AM by RogerB. 3 replies.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

• 19/01/2009 08:46 PM
    Top 200 Contributor
    Locked Reply | Contact

One of the main benefits of RHS membership for me is the fact that I can attend the various flower shows on members' day.  Or at least this would be a benefit if it wasn't for the fact that the Hampton Court flower show is flooded out with Daily Mail readers and presumably other non-members who the RHS have allowed to attend on this day.  In the case of Hampton Court last year it was unpleasantly overcrowded.  How does the RHS justify this and what proportion of tickets are in fact sold or given away to non-members on members' day?  Is the same true of Chelsea and the other shows members days?

• 20/01/2009 09:41 AM
    Top 500 Contributor
    Locked Reply | Contact

Arabella - glad to hear you're coming to lots of shows.  I'm sorry you found Hampton Court Palace unpleasantly crowded last year.  At Hampton Court we allow members to buy up to four tickets for members' days, so there are quite a few non-members there (we try to persuade them of the benefits of joining up while they're enjoying themselves!).  Because the show site at Chelsea is so much smaller than that at Hampton Court (from memory it's about a quarter of the size) we limit members to two tickets for the Chelsea Show, so there are fewer non-members there.

The proportion of tickets provided to sponsors and partners on members' days is very small, and will be smaller this year as the Daily Mail's association with the Show has ended.  You'll be pleased to learn that the Hampton Court Palace team is working on changing the layout to make the Show feel more spacious, and I hope you'll come and let us know what you think.

Gordon

• 29/09/2009 09:16 AM
    • Dave Woodcock
    • Waterloo Primary, Blackpool
    • 28 Sep 2009
    Not Ranked
    Locked Reply | Contact

Hi,

I'm currently developing the Creative Curriculum in my school and am eager to turn part of our grounds into a working farm (crops, chickens etc). Does anyone know where I could get some support/funding for this venture?

(I realise that I'm not commenting on published topics - sorry!)

Thanks,

Dave Woodcock

• 29/09/2009 10:15 AM
    • RogerB
    • Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
    • 14 Jan 2009
    Top 50 Contributor
    Locked Reply | Contact

Dave 

Have you tried this link http://www.rhs.org.uk/schoolgardening/default.aspa as a starting point?

Give it a go - it might just work!