Skip navigation.

Vi aqua

Last post 10-12-2008 6:06 PM by Digger. 5 replies.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

• 09/12/2008 10:34 PM
    • Digger
    • Northern UK
    • 18 Jul 2005
    Top 10 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

I am reading about a product called Vi aqua, it is claimed that this tool will enhance vigour of plants and roots by passing an electro magnetic charge into the water and this will energise the water by altering the hydrogen withion the water, also they claim that it is a product endorsed by the Royal botanic gardens at Kew? has anyone heard of this tool?

digger Devil Sage of the fells
  • 10/12/2008 08:53 AM
    Top 10 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

You might find this of interest: http://www.chem1.com/CQ/

Boggy

Beware the bat-eared bogweevil
  • 10/12/2008 11:10 AM
    • Digger
    • Northern UK
    • 18 Jul 2005
    Top 10 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

Thanks for that Boggy, your link has confirmed what i already suspected

• 10/12/2008 04:52 PM
    • Digger
    • Northern UK
    • 18 Jul 2005
    Top 10 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

I have read and understood a hell of a lot of information from the link that Bogweevil put in the thread for me, I am shcocked and dismayed that a company like Harrod horticultural is trying to "peddle" this device to unsuspaecting members of the public, I am of course trying to find out the manufacturers details of this magical device that claims to magnetically alter water for plants to increase their growth, they reckon that this water once magnetised will simulate photosynthesis??

• 10/12/2008 04:59 PM
    • Susiq
    • Northumberland
    • 16 Feb 2008
    Top 10 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

Well Digger, I bought a rather expensive magnetised gadget for my flat in London (very hard water area) It was an electric devise that has to be kept on all the time - eighteen months later my new shower had to be replaced - why? Limescaled up to the hilt!

• 10/12/2008 06:06 PM
    • Digger
    • Northern UK
    • 18 Jul 2005
    Top 10 Contributor
    Reply | Contact

Hi susiq, did you check out boggy's link? it made some good reading and not too heavy for non scientific minds to understand, I've checked by doing a google for vi aqua plantmate etc... and some people are saying that it's worth the money?? anyway harrod reckon that it's endorsed by Kew, I've checked Kew's website and I can't find a mention of it, so I've e mailed them and asked them to tell me if they think it works? myself I've never heard of of it before and how the devil water in the soil can do the same job as photosynthesis is beyond the realms of my fertile imagination, anyway if I don't get a satisfactory answer from Kew I will telephone the RHS using the numbers in my members handbook, and I will talk to a scientist who will tell me the truth, of course I'm not going to refute Vi Aqua publicly or quote anyone for saying anything (maybe I'd get a law suit against me) but this is really where the full value of being an RHS member comes into play, where else can you just pick up the phone and actually have a scientist at the other end ? usually you will get a call centre in Mumbai filtering the calls and sticking you in a queue for an hour, if you only ring Wisley twice a year for scientific advice you've more than got your moneys worth. I think the magnetised water is probably a load of old cobblers, but if you check out the link you will see that most water softening/hardeneing etc.. is junk someone is even selling elastic bands with magnets attatched, to put around your cup of coffee and change the molecular structure of the brew into a super cancer killing cure all, what a load of tosh. I never heard of the Vi Aqua before and I'm sure someone would have mentioned it to me maybe the other week at Llanberis, I was in some very esteemed company and no one even spoke about water for plants except for soluble feed. The only way for sure is for proper scientists to tell us, not some of those crystal sitters with their tarot cards and scented candles.