Earlier this year, we did a winter head count to identify plants that would need replacing in the spring. This week, the time had come to fill in these gaps but, with temperatures being the hottest of the year so far, it wasn't ideal planting weather for us or the plants!
Plastered with copious quantities of sun block, we spent the afternoon positioning mallows and honeysuckles, Mirabilis and Dianthus within the relevant plots!
New plants were carefully watered with a watering can. We'll have to keep an eye on them over the next week or so to make sure they survive this recent spell of hot, dry weather.