Skip navigation.

Alex Denman

What a difference a day makes

Posted by Alexandra Denman on 11 May 2010 at 07:13 PM

The last few days have started very cold and today was no exception. I get in around 6.30am and walk the site to check nothing has gone awry over night. Having the site to yourself is very special and today was a beautiful start, with the sun just coming up over Roger Platt's garden for the show sponsor M & G.

Derek, on the South Lakes garden, looked frozen solid at 7.30am barrowing mortar but by the end of the day with the aviary in place everything and everyone was looking rosier.

It is the year of the drystone wall with no fewer than five gardens showcasing this craft. Tom Stuart Smiths wall for Laurent Perrier is looking fabulous and the most finished. It also seems to be the year of the tree. Watch out for unusal oak species on Tom Hoblyns garden and wonderful river birch on a number of gardens.

We have a large influx of exhibitors arriving tomorrow - more fun and games and thats how we like it!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Twitter Trackbacks for What a difference a day makes - Alex Denman [rhs.org.uk] on Topsy.com said:

Pingback from  Twitter Trackbacks for                 What a difference a day makes - Alex Denman         [rhs.org.uk]        on Topsy.com

on 11 May 2010 at 08:45 PM

What a difference a day makes - Alex Denman Mobile said:

Pingback from  What a difference a day makes - Alex Denman Mobile

on 11 May 2010 at 11:36 PM

What is the difference between a Bachelor of Science Interior Design and Bachelor of Fine Arts Interior Design « HOME RENOVATION said:

Pingback from  What is the difference between a Bachelor of Science Interior Design and Bachelor of Fine Arts Interior Design «  HOME RENOVATION

on 12 May 2010 at 01:20 AM

What’s The Difference Between An Nba Swingman Jersey And An Nba Replica Jersey? | nba|nba live|nba answers said:

Pingback from  What’s The Difference Between An Nba Swingman Jersey And An Nba Replica Jersey? | nba|nba live|nba answers

on 12 May 2010 at 02:13 AM

What’s The Difference Between An Nba Swingman Jersey And An Nba Replica Jersey? | nba|nba live|nba answers said:

Pingback from  What’s The Difference Between An Nba Swingman Jersey And An Nba Replica Jersey? | nba|nba live|nba answers

on 12 May 2010 at 07:14 AM

What’s The Difference Between An Nba Swingman Jersey And An Nba Replica Jersey? | nba|nba live|nba answers said:

Pingback from  What’s The Difference Between An Nba Swingman Jersey And An Nba Replica Jersey? | nba|nba live|nba answers

on 12 May 2010 at 07:14 AM

How efficient is a gasoline engine to a electric motor car? | Alternative Fuel Automotive Wisdom said:

Pingback from  How efficient is a gasoline engine to a electric motor car? | Alternative Fuel Automotive Wisdom

on 12 May 2010 at 08:52 AM

What is the difference between clan name and alias surname? | TV drama said:

Pingback from  What is the difference between clan name and alias surname? | TV drama

on 13 May 2010 at 08:38 PM

What’s the difference between a 4400 mAh and 4800 mAh laptop battery? | TV drama said:

Pingback from  What’s the difference between a 4400 mAh and 4800 mAh laptop battery? | TV drama

on 15 May 2010 at 10:57 PM

260 Denman Workers Out of Hope; Plant’s Assets Sold | equity loans said:

Pingback from  260 Denman Workers Out of Hope; Plant’s Assets Sold | equity loans

on 20 May 2010 at 09:00 PM

Which service pack is better SP 1, SP 2 & SP 3 ? Whats the difference b/w these ? | Personal services said:

Pingback from  Which service pack is better SP 1, SP 2 & SP 3 ? Whats the difference b/w these ? | Personal services

on 27 May 2010 at 03:34 AM

Which service pack is better SP 1, SP 2 & SP 3 ? Whats the difference b/w these ? | Personal services said:

Pingback from  Which service pack is better SP 1, SP 2 & SP 3 ? Whats the difference b/w these ? | Personal services

on 27 May 2010 at 03:34 AM

Commercial and Non-commercial food services? | Personal services said:

Pingback from  Commercial and Non-commercial food services? | Personal services

on 27 May 2010 at 08:17 AM

circles under eyes said:

Pingback from  circles under eyes

on 11 Mar 2011 at 02:32 AM

traffic travis said:

Pingback from  traffic travis

on 19 Apr 2011 at 05:12 AM